General Terms and Conditions for the Use of Quandoo Services by End Users
Scope of Validity
- These General Terms and Conditions for the Use of Quandoo Services End Users (the " GTC") govern the use of services (the " Services") offered by Quandoo UK Ltd., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Quandoo GmbH, (" Quandoo") over the internet, through mobile devices, telephone or other telemedia/telecommunications to non-commercial end users (hereinafter: the " User" or " You"). Agreeing to the GTC either explicitly or by using the Services, a legal Agreement (the " Agreement") between You and Quandoo is made.
- Any deviating, complementary or contradictory terms and conditions issued by You do not apply, even if Quandoo carries out the Services without reservation in the knowledge of these terms without contesting them.
- You must be fully legally competent, or act with the consent of Your legal representative, to use our Services.
- The Agreement only applies to the non-commercial individual and is non-transferable. Notwithstanding the statutory rules of information requirements, Quandoo will not file or store Your data for Your use.
- Unless otherwise agreed, Quandoo may change or cease the provisions of the Services at any time at its own discretion. It may be necessary for You to set up a Quandoo account and register with Quandoo in order to use certain products or features.
- You must provide a valid e-mail address and password upon registration. You must protect Your log-in credentials from unauthorized access and prevent access to Your account by third parties. Each User may only operate one user account. You must provide true and complete information upon registration and must keep the information updated for the entire term of the Agreement. You acknowledge that Quandoo will communicate with You through the user account and/or the provided e-mail-address.
- You may cancel Your user account at any time without giving reason by letting Quandoo know via e-mail. Quandoo may cancel Your account with 4 weeks' notice and giving reason. Quandoo's right to cancel Your account with immediate effect for good cause remains unaffected.
- Quandoo reserves the right to modify these GTC at any time, (i) if You either expressly consent to the changes, or (ii) consent is considered given by You according to the following requirements. Intended changes to the GTC must be provided in writing to You at least six weeks before there are intended to apply. If You do not contest the changes in writing within six weeks after receiving the aforementioned notice, Your consent will be deemed given, and the changes will become effective. You will be notified of this process when being informed of the change.
User Obligations, Prohibited Conduct, Explanations of User Content
- You must use the Services only in a manner that does not violate these GTC or any applicable law and that does not infringe upon third party rights.
- Unless otherwise agreed with Quandoo, the use of the Services is only permitted for private, non-commercial purposes.
- When using the Services, it is prohibited:
- to use robots, spiders, scrapers or any other automated means of access to the website for any purpose;
- to take measures that would put unreasonable or disproportionate pressure on Quandoo's technical infrastructure;
- to implement operations to monitor or copy the content of the Services;
- to employ devices, software or programming that impairs or attempts to impair the functioning of the Services;
- to advertise within the Services, for Your own or for a third party's benefit, without prior express written permission from Quandoo – including, without being limited hereto, advertising competitions or discounts, and inviting persons to take part in competitions;
- to copy, edit or manipulate Smart Offers without permission. Quandoo reserves the right to forward relevant information to the partner and initiate legal proceedings if reasonable suspicions arise;
- to impersonate any third person within the Services, e.g. a representative of Quandoo or a person responsible for the Service in some way, or implying a relationship to some such person that does not exist;
- to otherwise provide incorrect or false information to Quandoo or third parties, including fake e-mail addresses;
- to save, publish and/or distribute content You do not have the rights in;
- to harass, insult, threaten, defame, cause unreasonable inconvenience in any way to, or claiming or spreading untrue claims regarding anyone including individuals, legal entities or companies.
- to collect, save or distribute personal information and data about other users, if permission has not been expressly given by the affected parties and Quandoo;
- to offering legal advice, or publishing content that could be understood as legal advice.
- You hereby grant Quandoo the non-exclusive, transferable and sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide and timely unlimited (i.e. the rights extend beyond the term of the Agreement) right to use, reproduce and make publicly available – also in edited or translated form – all information provided by You (e.g. texts, images, images of persons) for the purposes of fulfilling the Agreement and/or for the Services, without requiring consent from third parties or payment to third parties. This right of use applies to Quandoo's own channels (Quandoo domains, Quandoo app) as well as to Quandoo cooperation partners (third-part-providers which are linking to or marketing the Quandoo-channels), jointly the " Quandoo network".
- You warrant that any information provided (e.g. in reviews) and Your use of the Services in accordance with these GTC, does not violate any third party rights (e.g. copyright, brand or personal rights), and that Quandoo may use such information without the need for consent from third parties or payment to third parties as specified above. Furthermore, You warrant that you may grant permission of use for all persons in any photos (privacy rights), as well as the right to use photos or other copyright-protected works without needing to name the photographer or copyright holder.
- You hold harmless Quandoo, including Quandoo's employees, staff, representatives, shareholders and other vicarious agents (jointly " Quandoo") from any third party's claims and shall compensate Quandoo or any other named persons for damages or necessary expenses arising from claims caused by Your breach of Your contractual warranties or duties. This also includes reasonable lawyer and court fees.
- In certain cases, the Services allow You to submit a review about a restaurant listed on Quandoo (e.g. after a reservation made through the reservation function or after redeeming a Quandoo Smart Offer).
- The review may be positive, neutral or negative, based on the User's individual decision and experience and will not be edited by Quandoo. The review must not violate the relevant rules outlined in these GTC or any applicable law.
- It is not permitted:
- for reviews to contain defamatory, offensive, false, non-factual, racist entries or language unsuitable for young people;
- to submit multiple reviews; e.g. each User may only submit one review per restaurant visit;
- to submit reviews about an owned restaurant; e.g. restaurants listed in the Services may not submit reviews or have others submit reviews for their own business, either via the owner, staff, requested third parties or any other method;
- that reviews are submitted by third parties in exchange for compensation, services in return or any other undertaking, regardless of whether the review is positive or negative;
- to submit comparative reviews, i.e. reviews that reference or draw attention to another restaurant;
- to submit reviews that could violate third party rights if published (e.g. personal rights, privacy, copyrights or any other IP rights).
- Quandoo may check and monitor reviews and other User content (i) at its own discretion before publishing the review, (ii) after publishing based on complaints from Restaurant Partners or third parties. Quandoo may, but is under no obligation, to publish reviews submitted by Users. Quandoo reserves the right to refuse to publish, or to delete after publishing, certain reviews or parts of reviews that possibly violate these GTC.
- As outlined in section 3 above, the You grant Quandoo any rights of use for potentially legally protected contents of any submitted reviews that may be necessary to carry out Quandoo services, but remains solely responsible for their reviews and the owner of any content rights relating to the review. This right of use applies to the entire Quandoo network.
- Without prejudice to other rights, Quandoo reserves the right to deactivate the review function and/or other Quandoo services for a User if the User violates the relevant terms of these GTC or fails to uphold any applicable law several times when submitting reviews, despite being informed hereof.
Reservations, Reservation Functions
- You can make online or telephone reservations via the Quandoo reservation network (e.g. Quandoo Services, Quandoo Portal, Quandoo Mobile App, Quandoo Affiliates Network, etc.) with restaurants that take part in the Quandoo reservation system (hereinafter " Partner" or " Partners"). The reservation is agreed exclusively between the Partner and the User as procured by Quandoo, whereby Quandoo does not act as a representative, but only as a messenger. For restaurants listed in the Services which are not Partners of the Quandoo reservation system (hereinafter " Listed Restaurant"), You may contact the Listed Restaurant and place an informal reservation (e.g. by telephone, e-mail or contact form using the contact information provided by the Listed Restaurant in the listing) directly, e.g. not via the Quandoo reservation system and without the procurement or involvement of Quandoo.
- The Quandoo reservation function is a Quandoo service provided free of charge to You, save for the exceptions as stipulated in section 5.6 below. The reservation feature includes an automatic check of the Partner's expected available capacity at the time of the desired reservation. This expected available capacity is calculated at the time of the User's request and is based on saved settings, existing reservations and other settings provided by the Partner. The Partner is exclusively responsible for maintaining and keeping their settings up to date. With the exception of the technical functioning of the Service, Quandoo accepts no liability for availability or the success of reservations with the Partner chosen by the User.
- Quandoo will inform You via e-mail about the status of their reservation request and any changes, if applicable. If the reservation is made more than seven (7) days in advance, Quandoo will send You a reminder forty-eight (48) hours before the time of the reservation by e-mail. An invitation to review the Partner will be sent to You via e-mail within 7 days after the reservation.
- You may be requested to provide Quandoo with Your debit card or credit card details when making a reservation with one of the Partners, e.g. for additional services or measures like "Smart Offers" or "Cancellation Fee" etc.
- If unable to honor a reservation, You must cancel the reservation as soon as possible and no later than the time specified at the time of placing the reservation and in the e-mail confirming the placement of the reservation (the " Cancellation Cut-Off Time"). To cancel, You may either use the link in the confirmation e-mail or go use the "Reservations" section in Your user account.
- If You cancel a reservation after the Cancellation Cut-Off Time or do not show up to honor a reservation, You agree to pay any applicable cancellation fee to Quandoo (the " Cancellation Fee") which may apply in three amounts, 100%, 50%, 20% of the full Cancellation Fee as displayed online during the respective reservation process. You will be informed of the Cancellation Fee by Quandoo when placing Your reservation. You authorize Quandoo to charge the cancellation fee to the debit card or credit card details provided by You when making the reservation.
- Other rights notwithstanding, Quandoo reserves the right to deactivate the reservation feature and/or other features of the Services for You if You do not honor several reservations without canceling them ("no-show") and Quandoo has already informed You hereof to no effect. The Partner's rights relating to reservations or no-shows remain unaffected.
Subject of Agreement
- Quandoo may present so-called "Smart Offers" to Users. Smart Offers include (i.) the concession for Smart Offers without pre-payment (discounts/value offs) and (ii.) the distribution of Smart Offers with pre-payments (pre-paid credit/pre-paid menu) for (iii.) use in the Partner's business (Restaurants) which Quandoo passes on or sells to Users through the Services. Smart Offers may be free of charge or subject to a fee, are always connected to specific reservations and may be subject to further conditions and/or requirements. The proper fulfilment of Smart Offers remains in the exclusive responsibility of the Partner.
Provisions for pre-paid Smart Offer (sub-sections 6.2 – 6.16)
- Within the Services, Quandoo may offer You the chance to purchase Smart Offers for the provision of services and/or goods (hereinafter the " Partner Services") from restaurants and/or other businesses on Quandoo's own account and in Quandoo's own name. The sale of Smart Offer covers the sale of the right to be provided with the specific service or good(s) outlined in the Smart Offer by the restaurant offering the Smart Offer. The Partner, and not Quandoo, is the exclusive publisher of the Smart Offer and Your contractual partner for the service outlined in the respective Smart Offer. Quandoo's duty within the framework of the Smart Offer sale is, therefore, limited to procure Your right against the Partner for the provision of the service outlined in the respective Smart Offer in accordance with the Smart Offer conditions outlined in the Smart Offer and, if applicable, the Partner's General Terms and Conditions. Quandoo reserves the right to establish and/or change individual conditions including, without being limited hereto, the purchasing period and the number of Smart Offers offered for sale. Please see the section on the rights of revocation applicable to consumers and the standard form for revocation at the end of this document.
- The specified partner is the exclusive publisher of the Smart Offer and Your contractual partner for the Partner Service outlined in the Smart Offer. The Partner provides this service based on an agreement with You arising from You redeeming the Smart Offer. Such agreement may be subject to the Partner's additional General Terms and Conditions, if applicable. The sale of the Smart Offer from Quandoo to You is a purchase of rights relating to Your options to be provided with a Partner Service based on an agreement between You and the Partner. Quandoo is therefore not responsible for providing the Partner Service.
- The Smart Offers sold by Quandoo refer to, for example, a specific service (Partner's product and/or service), based on the conditions defined in the Smart Offer description (hereinafter the " Smart Offer Conditions"). The Smart Offer Conditions may outline, for example, the term during which the Smart Offer may be redeemed from the Partner (hereinafter the " Validity Period") and whether specific additional conditions or limitations apply, e.g. limited capacity for different possible redemption times within the Validity Period. Quandoo recommends that You confirm the time of the service, if and when necessary according to the Smart Offer Conditions, individually with the Partner. The Smart Offer Conditions are available in the Smart Offer ordering dialogue, and form a valid part of the Smart Offer purchase agreement.
- The Smart Offer purchase agreement is subject to (i.) the Your successful payment of the Smart Offer price to Quandoo, and Quandoo's acceptance of the purchase order via the online ordering dialogue provided for this purpose, and (ii.) the confirmation of the reservation.
- If the Smart Offer cannot be provided within the purchase term due to unforeseen reasons, Quandoo shall not accept Your purchase offer so that no Smart Offer purchase agreement will be concluded between Quandoo and You. You will be informed accordingly by e-mail. Any payment already provided by You will be refunded by Quandoo immediately, if applicable.
- Quandoo's Smart Offer offers are directed at individuals for private use only. You may not use Smart Offers for commercial or professional purposes, especially commercial trade or other commercial or professional use of Smart Offers (e.g. for competitions, raffles, auctions or otherwise free distribution for marketing purposes), unless otherwise agreed in writing between Quandoo and You. Smart Offers may be transferred to other users.
- With the Smart Offer sale, Quandoo warrants to provide You with the right to claim the service from the Partner, as outlined in the Smart Offer, subject to the respective Smart Offer conditions and to the Partner's General Terms and Conditions, if applicable. This warranty includes the continued survival of rights for the provided right, and the right being free from third parties' rights and obligations at the time of the Smart Offer sale (warranty of the survival of rights).
- The provision of the service outlined on the Smart Offer is solely owed by the Partner. Quandoo assumes no liability for the proper redemption of the Smart Offer by the Partner or the Partner's services. This exclusion includes the partner's credit-rating and ability to perform (no warranty of redemption).
- As Your contractual partner, the Partner is solely responsible for the proper provision of service. Quandoo assumes no liability for the Partner's proper provision of services. This applies also to the quality of the service outlined in the Smart Offer, including external circumstances e.g. relating to the service, atmosphere and the upholding of appointments (no warranty for defects of performance)
Conditions for Redeeming and Returning
- Smart Offers are directly connected to the reservation and confirmed within the reservation confirmation.
- To redeem the Smart Offer, You must honor Your reservation with the Partner who must confirm Your visit to Quandoo.
- The purchased Smart Offer must be redeemed at the Partner's business at the confirmation date and time. Any unused or expired Smart Offers not claimed during the confirmed reservation may not be exchanged; You may not claim a reimbursement for the purchased Smart Offer from Quandoo.
- Unless otherwise agreed, the service outlined in the Smart Offer may only be claimed once by You from the Partner. If You do not make use of the Partner service or the Smart Offer value in full, You may not claim a refund, credit or any other compensation of the remaining amount.
- All clauses applicable to Smart Offer purchases which not directly govern payments, also apply to Smart Offer which are free of charge (e.g. free Smart Offer entry for specific events), in particular section 6.2 3rd sentence; 6.3 1st and 3rd sentence; 6.4 2nd and 4th sentence; 6.6 1st sentence; 6.10; and 6.12.
- In case of questions concerning Quandoo Smart Offer sales or Smart Offer conditions, complaints or comments, please contact Quandoo's service team by phone at (800) 3211 166, or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Provision for Smart Offers without pre-payment (No. 6.17 – 6.19)
- Discounts/Value-offs mean price reductions the Partner offers to Users of the Quandoo-Network regarding specific reservations. For the concession of discounts/value-offs specific reductions on prices and other pre-defined conditions are displayed during the course of the reservation using the Services. Details applicable to the discounts or value-offs, shall be provided in that context, particularly pertaining to amounts and timeframes.
- Discounts and value-offs only apply to a specific reservation placed by You and may not be transferred to other reservations. The respective reservation must be kept for You to be eligible to claim the discount or value-off.
- All clauses applicable to Smart Offer purchases which not directly govern payments, also apply to Smart Offer which are free of charge (e.g. free Smart Offer entry for specific events), in particular section 6.2 3rd sentence; 6.3 1st and 3rd sentence; 6.4 2nd and 4th sentence; 6.6 1st sentence; 6.10; and 6.12.
Loyalty Point Program
- Quandoo has a loyalty point program, e.g. loyalty points may be collected for certain activities and be redeemed subject to specific conditions into bonuses (e.g. Smart Offers). Each registered User may participate in the Quandoo loyalty point program subject to (i) these GTC and (ii) the specific conditions for collecting and redeeming loyalty points for certain activities (e.g. making a reservation using the Service, buying a Smart Offer, submitting a review, recommending Quandoo to new users) current at the time of using certain features.
- In addition to these GTC, Quandoo also provides details for collecting and redeeming of loyalty points, including the required number of loyalty points, as well as the bonuses and Partners offering the bonuses, in the relevant entries and entry masks within the Services. Though such terms may change at any time, the details and the offer at the time of Your activity acquiring loyalty points, or at the time of redeeming loyalty points, as the case may be, shall apply.
- Quandoo may determine that You must accumulate a certain number of loyalty points (e.g. 1.000), reach a pre-defined status, or meet certain criteria (e.g. successfully upholding a reservation) before being eligible to redeem accumulated loyalty points for bonuses.
- Loyalty points awarded for placing a reservation, may only be acquired if You (i) made the reservation using the Services and (ii) successfully executes the reservation. If You do not show up for his reservation, cancels the reservation or does not honor the reservation for any other reason, loyalty points will not be awarded.
- Loyalty points awarded for the purchase of a Smart Offer may only be acquired if You (i) purchase the Smart Offer through the Quandoo website or mobile app and (ii) pay for the Smart Offer. If You exercises Your legal right of revocation or the Smart Offer has no validity for any other reason not accounted for by Quandoo, loyalty points will not be awarded.
- You can view Your current score of loyalty points in Your account on the Quandoo website. Quandoo may also inform You thereof through the e-mail newsletter. If You redeem accumulated loyalty points, Quandoo will send You an e-mail with the details (e.g. time of redeeming the bonus). If it is necessary as a result of redeeming loyalty points to make the bonus available (e.g. sending a Smart Offer), this will be done by either e-mail or regular mail. If the bonus is a restaurant Smart Offer, the Smart Offer conditions of these GTC shall apply, as appropriate.
- Accumulated loyalty points may only be redeemed from Quandoo for bonuses and/or cashback offered by Quandoo for this purpose. Loyalty points are tied to the individual user and cannot be sold or otherwise transferred to third parties without permission from Quandoo.
- Any accumulated loyalty points shall expire if not redeemed within 180 days after the last reservation via the Quandoo platform. Loyalty points shall also expire if a user account is cancelled (section 2.5), deactivated (sections 4.6 and 5.5) or if the Agreement between Quandoo and You ends for any other reason. In addition, Quandoo may notify You about Your loyalty points' expiration by e-mail or regular mail.
- Quandoo reserves the right to discontinue the loyalty points program at any time. After discontinuation, You may not accumulate any new loyalty points. Loyalty points accumulated prior to the discontinuation of the program shall remain valid for 90 days, unless expiring earlier according to subsection. 8.
- You are solely responsible for any possible and/or existing tax obligations arising from the Your participation in the loyalty points program.
Quandoo Liability, No Liability for Information
- Quandoo is only liable for damages (i) caused by intent or gross negligence by Quandoo or its legal representatives or vicarious agents, (2) due to injury to life, body or health caused by breach of duty by Quandoo or its legal representatives or vicarious agents, (3) fraudulent misrepresentation or assumption of a guarantee, also according to the Product Liability Act, if applicable, and (4) a breach of a duty or obligation material for the fulfillment of the Agreement You regularly rely on (material contractual obligation).
- Quandoo's liability according to subsections (1), (2) and (3) above is unlimited. Moreover, any claims for damages are limited to typical, foreseeable damages.
- In any other cases and without prejudice to the following sections, Quandoo's liability is excluded – regardless of the legal liability theory.
- The above liability limitations apply to all Quandoo institutions, employees and vicarious agents. This does not alter the statutory burden of proof.
- Unless otherwise agreed with You, Quandoo does not warranty that the information concerning restaurants listed in the Service, or other businesses, is correct and current (including addresses and other contact information, prices and facilities/services, opening times, review content, links and content on any linked sites).
The yearly average service availability is 97%, with the exception of reasonable, customary maintenance work scheduled and announced with adequate advance notice, as well as force majeure incidents or any other circumstances not arising from within Quandoo's sphere of influence. Availability is the ratio of actual time (AT) to target time (TT): Availability(%)=(AT/TT) *100. Actual time (AT) is the time period where the service is actually available on the data center's router output.
- Data Protection and Privacy
At Quandoo, we take the protection of Your personal data very seriously and have implemented numerous safeguards to protect Your data. Please see our Privacy Notice for further detail including contact information should You require further information.
- Applicable Law, No Additional Agreements, Place of Fulfillment, Place of Jurisdiction
- These GTC are construed according to and governed by the laws of England and Wales, expressly excluding the UN Sales Convention. There are no additional verbal or written agreements.
- If any provision in these GTC are or becomes partially or in whole invalid or are held to be unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, the remainder of these GTC shall remain unaffected and continue in full force and effect. The same shall apply to unintentionally omitted provisions. Invalid, unenforceable or missing provisions shall be replaced by valid and enforceable provisions which come closest to the intended purposes.
Quandoo UK Ltd.
London, May 2018
Revocation Form for Smart Offers
Notes about the legal right of revocation for consumers
Right of Revocation
You have the right to revoke from the Agreement within fourteen (14) days without giving reason.
The notice period is 14 days from the day the Agreement has been concluded.
To exercise Your right of revocation, You must send a clear statement to Quandoo UK Ltd., The Lightwell, Second Floor, 12-16 Laystall Street, London EC1 4PA, United Kingdom, Tel: 020 / 349 95 864, e-mail: email@example.com informing Quandoo about your decision to revoke the Agreement, either by regular mail or e-mail. You may use the attached template, but use of the template is not mandatory.
To meet the deadline to exercise Your right of revocation, it is sufficient that You dispatch Your notice of revocation before the end of the 14-day period.
Consequences of Revocation
If You revoke this Agreement, we will refund any payments received from You, including delivery costs (excluding additional costs, if You have chosen another method of delivery than the cheapest delivery we offered) within 14 days from the day we received Your statement of revocation. We will use the same payment method You used to complete the transaction, to refund the payment, unless otherwise expressly agreed with You. We will not charge You any fee for this refund.
If You have requested that the service should begin within the revocation period, You must pay us a reasonable amount to correspond with the services already provided from us to You by the time You exercise Your right of withdrawal, calculated based on the total amount due for the total services outlined in the Agreement.
End of Revocation
Exclusion of the Right of Revocation:
The right of revocation is excluded for contracts concerning the provision of services related to leisure activities with a specific date or time period agreed in the Agreement.
2. Revocation Template
(If you would like to revoke Your Agreement, complete this form and send it to us.)
To Quandoo UK Ltd., The Lightwell, Second Floor, 12-16 Laystall Street, London EC1 4PA, United Kingdom, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- We/I (*) hereby revoke the Agreement of sale for the following product(s)/service(s) (*):________________________________
- Ordered on (*) / received on (*): __________________
- Name of consumer(s): __________________
- Address of consumer(s): __________________
- Signature of consumer(s) (only if sending on paper): __________________
- Date: __________________
(*) Delete as appropriate
Special Terms for the Use of the Takeaway Service
Within the framework of our takeaway services as part of our Quandoo services, we provide you with the option of ordering dishes from all the participating restaurants in advance and then collecting them from the restaurant.
- The present Special Terms for the Use of the Takeaway Service ("Takeaway Terms") shall apply when you use our takeaway service, in addition to our General Terms and Conditions for the Use of Quandoo Services by End Users.
- If the Takeaway Terms and our General Terms and Conditions for the Use of Quandoo Services by End Users contradict one another, the Takeaway Terms shall take precedence.
Submitting an order, contractual relationship
- On our platform, we shall publish the goods offered by the participating restaurants which you can order from the restaurant via our platform (a "Takeaway Offer" in each case).
- By submitting an order request to the respective restaurant (a "Request"), you are sending the restaurant an offer to conclude a contract for the purchase of the goods ordered by you. You shall receive an automatic confirmation of the receipt of your request by e-mail ("Confirmation of Receipt").
- Please note that the submission of your Request and the Confirmation of Receipt shall not yet constitute the conclusion of a binding contract between you and the restaurant. This contract shall only come into effect if your Request is bindingly accepted (e.g. by e-mail or telephone). This acceptance can take the form of a message from either us or the restaurant. In this context, you shall also be informed as to whether your desired collection time for the goods can be met, or another collection time shall be agreed with you. Please note that the restaurant is not obligated to accept your offer and thus to execute the contract, for example if your desired goods are no longer available. If the restaurant has accepted your request or you have bindingly agreed a collection time other the one you initially desired, a contract with a payment obligation has come into effect.
- Quandoo shall not be responsible for the contract between you and the restaurant and shall act exclusively as an intermediary for the transmission of your Request and, if applicable, for the acceptance of your Request by the restaurant. Please also note that we are not responsible for the content of the Takeaway Offers (e.g. information about the restaurant with regard to contact information, the goods offered, information about allergens, additives and ingredients, the prices and their components, product photos, minimum order quantities and other information about the restaurant, collectively referred to as the "Restaurant Information") and shall not check their completeness and accuracy. If you are allergic or intolerant to particular foodstuffs or ingredients, please get in touch with the restaurant in advance to find out about the allergens and additives used.
Obligations of the user
- You must be available by telephone or by e-mail so that the Request can be confirmed, so that you can agree a different collection time with the restaurant if applicable and so that a valid contract can come into effect.
- You must receive the ordered dishes punctually at the agreed collection time and make the corresponding payment directly to the restaurant on site.
- Upon collection, the restaurant can insist that you provide proof of age if the order contains alcoholic goods or other goods with an age restriction. If you cannot provide adequate proof of identification or if you do not meet the age requirement, the restaurant can refuse to hand over the corresponding goods. In this case, we shall assume no liability for the actual execution of the contract.
- Quandoo reserves the right to bar you from Takeaway, for example if you provide false contact information, do not pay, do not collect order goods or do not comply with other contractual obligations. If you place orders that are verifiably false or fraudulent, we reserve the right to lodge a complaint against you.
Quandoo shall not be liable for the Takeaway Offer, for the accuracy and completeness of the Restaurant Information and for the execution of the contract. In other respects, the liability shall be based on the specifications of our General Terms and Conditions for the Use of Quandoo Services by End Users.
- Miscellaneous provisions
- Please note that complaints regarding the execution of the contract must be clarified with the restaurant directly.
- If individual provisions of the present Takeaway Terms are or become invalid, in part or in full, or if a competent court declares them to be inapplicable, the remainder of the contract shall remain valid. The same shall also apply in the event of unintended omissions. Missing or invalid provisions shall be replaced by valid provisions that come as close as possible to the intention of the Parties.
Obligations to provide information with regard to the contract between you and the restaurant
In fulfilment of the legal requirements, you shall find the following information here with regard to the contract concluded between you and the respective restaurant :
- Contract and conclusion of the contract
- Your contractual partner is the restaurant to which you send your request. You can find all the information about your contractual partner on the restaurant detail page on our platform. You can use the Quandoo platform to order goods for collection from the restaurant by going through the following steps: (a) First choose your desired goods on the Quandoo platform and place them in the basket. Then specify your desired collection time. Before submitting your request, you can change the contents of the basket at any time. (b) Submit your Request to the restaurant by clicking on the corresponding button and you will immediately receive a Confirmation of Receipt by e-mail from Quandoo. Please note that this Confirmation of Receipt does not constitute an acceptance of the contract. (c) A valid contract shall only come into effect as soon as your Request is confirmed. This can be done by e-mail or telephone by the restaurant itself or by Quandoo as the restaurant's intermediary. (d) Collect the goods at the restaurant at the agreed time and pay on site.
- Quandoo shall send you all the information about the contract by e-mail in the Confirmation of Receipt after you have submitted your Request.
- The language of the country in which the Quandoo company that operates the relevant platform has its registered office shall be available to you for the conclusion of the contract.
- Settlement of complaints
- The EU Commission provides an online platform for extrajudicial dispute resolution. Consumers can use it to resolve disputes relating to online orders without bringing them before a court in the first instance. The platform is available under the following external link: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr/. Please note that the respective restaurant is not obligated to participate in such a resolution procedure and does not offer participation in this.
- Right of withdrawal
Please note that you do not have a right to cancel your contract with the restaurant in the following cases:
- the supply of goods that are made to the consumer's specifications or are clearly personalised;
- the supply of goods which are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly;
- in the case of a contract for the supply of sealed goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons, if they become unsealed after delivery;
- in the case of any sales contract, if the goods become mixed inseparably (according to their nature) with other items after delivery.
With regard to parts of your Request which are not covered by the exclusion cases mentioned above you have the right of withdrawal as far as you are a consumer.
Instructions on withdrawal
Right of withdrawal
You have the right to withdraw from the contract with the restaurant within 14 days without giving any reason.
The withdrawal period will expire after 14 days from the day on which you acquire, or a third party other than the carrier and indicated by you acquires, physical possession of the goods.
To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform us (Quandoo UK Ltd.,
The Lightwell, Second Floor, 12-16 Laystall Street, London, EC1R 4PF, Phone: (+44) 0203 966 1305, Email: email@example.com) of your decision to withdraw from this contract by an unequivocal statement (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail). You may use the attached model withdrawal form, but it is not obligatory.
To meet the withdrawal deadline, it is sufficient for you to send your communication concerning your exercise of the right of withdrawal before the withdrawal period has expired.
Effects of withdrawal
If you withdraw from the contract with the restaurant, the restaurant shall reimburse to you all payments received from you, including the costs of delivery (with the exception of the supplementary costs resulting from your choice of a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us), without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which we are informed about your decision to withdraw from this contract. The restaurant will carry out such reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise; in any event, you will not incur any fees as a result of such reimbursement.
The restaurant may withhold reimbursement until it has received the goods back or you have supplied evidence of having sent back the goods, whichever is the earliest.
You shall send back the goods or hand them over to the restaurant, without undue delay and in any event not later than 14 days from the day on which you communicate your withdrawal from the contract with the restaurant to us. The deadline is met if you send back the goods before the period of 14 days has expired. You will have to bear the direct cost of returning the goods.
You are only liable for any diminished value of the goods resulting from the handling other than what is necessary to establish the nature, characteristics and functioning of the goods.
Modal withdrawal form
(If you would like to withdraw from your contract with the restaurant, complete this form and send it to us.)
To Quandoo UK Ltd., Quandoo UK Ltd., The Lightwell, Second Floor, 12-16 Laystall Street, London, EC1R 4PF, Phone: (+44) 0203 966 1305, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We/I (*) hereby revoke the Agreement of sale for the following product(s)/service(s) (*):________________________________
Ordered on (*) / received on (*): __________________
Name of consumer(s): __________________
Address of consumer(s): __________________
Signature of consumer(s) (only if sending on paper): __________________
(*) Delete as appropriate
Quandoo UK Ltd.
London, September 2020